HALO Jefferson City is looking for compassionate individuals to help at our Learning Center and with our youth programs. Below are opportunities to get involved and descriptions of each role. Please complete the Volunteer Interest Form, and a HALO team member will follow up with you. If interested in applying for an internship opportunity, please complete the Internship Application. A resume is required.
- Event Coordinator: Serving as the event organizer for the annual ArtReach Auction and other small JC events throughout the year. This role could assist the Branch Director and Co-Chairs if needed. Could also be the main event planner the day of the event to ensure all things are running smoothly. Opportunity to build a team of volunteers to support this role. Highly organized and a love of timelines and to-do lists. Enjoys bringing the community together to support youth in the greatest need. Event planning experience preferred.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Serving as the go-to person for all interested volunteers and connecting them to JC HALO staff for next steps. Hosting monthly volunteer orientations and ongoing virtual orientations. Sending out a monthly E-blast of volunteer needs.
- Youth Volunteers: Work with a HALO Staff to teach a program or workshop to our HALO youth.
- HALO Youth Advocates: An inspiring mentor position working directly with one teen.
- Event Planning Intern: The 5th Annual Jefferson City ArtReach Auction is March 7, 2014. This opportunity includes assisting honorary and planning co-chairs and the volunteer Event Coordinator, aiding with the event budget, coordinating event details such as food, drink, run of show, assisting with silent and live auction items, developing timelines, communicating to committee leaders and assisting with thank you follow ups. Time frame for this Internship is at least 3-6 months. Candidates for this Internship must exhibit strong organizational and communication skills. Also be able to work well in a team atmosphere, highly motivated, enjoy brainstorming, and take the initiative on all projects. Excellent opportunity to gain a variety of experience. 10-15 hours a week.
- Marketing Intern: Assisting in marketing efforts for the HALO Jefferson City. Timeframe is 6 months to one year. This Intern will be involved in developing HALO JC collateral, infographics, Web site updates, PowerPoint presentations, maintaining a social media plan and posting daily, video production, e-marketing, event promotion and strategic planning. Candidates for this Internship must exhibit strong organizational, writing and communication skills. Also be highly motivated, enjoy brainstorming and take the initiative on all projects. Excellent opportunity to gain a variety of experience. Needs to be efficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint. Knowledge in WordPress is a plus. 10-15 hours a week.
- Office Assistant Intern: The candidate filling this position will work directly with the JC staff to get a wide range of experience related to administrative duties. Timeframe is 6 months to one year. Responsibilities include: Answer office phone calls and stay on top of voicemails and emails. Manage the monthly tracking of failed payments and contact donors to update account information as needed. Support the Donor Relations team with mailings and thank you tactics. Work closely with the Accounting Intern to distribute donation receipts and Thank You cards. Keep track of credit card expiration dates and monthly failed payments. Database system maintenance. Distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail including holiday/event bulk mail. Monitor office supplies and replenish as needed. Update and maintain mailing lists and accurate donors’ contact information. Assist with various programs and events throughout the year as needed. Maintain office area, keeping it clean and free from clutter. Need to be proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Excellent communication skills are essential to this position. Need to be able to communicate with staff and other volunteers professionally and effectively. Applicants with previous administrative/office experience is not required, but will be considered. Open to all majors. 15-20 hours a week.
- Learning Center Intern: This internship assists the Learning Center Director with all JC programs to benefit at-risk youth in our community. Collaborate with volunteer teams to plan and attend 3-4 workshops per week. Further develop current programming and partnerships. Track weekly statistics and outcomes by compiling information reported through Workshop Facilitation Reports. Work with HALO Center Director to analyze pre- and post-surveys to measure success and outcomes. Communicate survey results to appropriate team members. Further develop measurement processes. Assisting with special events and projects. Candidates for this Internship must exhibit strong organizational and communication skills. Also be able to work well in a team atmosphere, highly motivated, enjoy brainstorming, and take the initiative on all projects. Excellent opportunity to gain a variety of experience. 15-20 hours a week.
- Donor Relations and Accounting Intern: This internship is minimum of two consecutive semesters or one year. The intern will assist HALO with financial tasks through QuickBooks and DonorPerfect. In addition to assisting the team to schedule meetings with donors, aid in thanking donors throughout the year and developing creative ideas to thank donors personally. Ideal internship candidates will be working toward or hold an associate or a bachelor’s degree in business, but we will consider candidates who have equivalent experience. The intern will also be expected to assist with events through payment processing software and cash-flow during specified events. Events will be held at a max of 2-3 per year. In addition, this intern will record business transactions and ensure that such transactions are accurate and comply with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and industry standards. 10-15 hours a week.
If any questions on volunteer and internship opportunities, please contact Betty at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message below. .